• Made 10 appearances and tied for fourth for most starts on the staff with seven.
• Picked up his first win of the season with five scoreless innings against Iowa on April 28, matching a career-high with five strikeouts.
• Had two other scoreless starts in pre-determined one-inning outings against Kansas on April 7 and Nebraska on April 20.
• Suffered losses against Nebraska on May 18 and New Orleans on May 22.
• Allowed no earned runs in May 18 Nebraska start.
• Made five total scoreless appearances.
• Led team and tied for first in MVC with 15 starts.
• Tied for second in league in runners picked off with three.
• Third on the team with 70.1 innings pitched.
• Tied for second on team with five wins (5-3 overall).
• Finished season with a 4.73 ERA and 39 strikeouts in 70.1 innings pitched.
• Held opposing batters to a .261 average.
• Had five-start run from April 3-24 in which he pitched 23.2 innings, allowed just four earned runs and struck out 15.
• Threw a career-high seven innings twice (4/3, 5/10).
• Tied a career high with five strikeouts at Coastal Carolina on March 7 and again on April 19 against Illinois-Chicago.
• Four of his five victories on the season were at home.
• Hurled five scoreless innings with four strikeouts in lone road win at Evansville (4/3).
• Allowed two earned runs or less in eight of his starts.
2008 (Redshirt Freshman)
• Southpaw emerged as a dependable midweek starter.
• Finished with a 3-2 record and a 4.31 ERA in 12 appearances, including nine starts.
• Picked up the win in collegiate debut, throwing a scoreless inning of relief at Memphis (3/5).
• Made first career start on March 19 against Northern Colorado, allowing two runs in two innings.
• Gave up three runs in three innings in emergency start against South Dakota State (3/25).
• Best outing came in game two of a doubleheader against North Dakota State (4/9), as he allowed just one hit in six shutout innings.
• Threw well but received a no-decision against Kansas State (4/15), throwing four scoreless innings before giving up four runs in the fifth inning.
• Tossed five scoreless innings against No. 10 Nebraska in a starting role on April 22, allowing no walks while fanning three.
• Picked up the win over Evansville on April 27, after allowing just one hit in a pre-determined three-inning start.
• Held high-powered Missouri offense to one run in five innings in Columbia (5/6).
• Lost final two starts of the season, including the season-ending loss to Southern Illinois at the MVC Tournament (5/23).
• Did not play as he received a redshirt in his first season at CU.
• Was the winning pitcher of the CICL (Central Illinois Collegiate League) All-Star Game as a member of the Quincy Gems during the summer.
Notre Dame High School (2003-06)
• Lettered all four years in baseball and two years in basketball.
• Baseball team won 112 games during his four years.
• Helped his team to a second-place finish at state his sophomore season in baseball, starting on the mound in the championship game.
• Was voted team MVP and Pitcher of the Year his senior season.
• Earned MVP laurels at the American Legion Wood Bat Invitational Tournament in Blue Springs, Mo., as a senior.
• Earned Quincy Herald-Whig Baseball All-Area First Team.
• Was selected for the Gully Transportation Tip-Off All-Tournament Team in basketball his senior season.
• Selected to the National Honor Society and earned the Society for Academic Achievement award.
• On the honor roll all four years of high school.
• Participated in Spanish club.
• Was named “Camper of the Week” at former University of Illinois basketball coach Bill Self’s 2002 Individual Basketball Camp.
Birthday: September 3, 1987
Parents: Thomas and Marlene
Major: Exercise Science
Career Ambitions: Pitch in the major leagues or become a physical therapist
Favorite Athlete: Ken Griffey, Jr.
Favorite Movies: The Rock, Fight Club, Training Day, Rookie of the Year
Favorite Food: Bar-b-que beef
Dream Vacation Spot: A Hawaiian beach
Favorite Location on Campus: Saturday mornings eating breakfast at Brandeis
Person He Most Admires: His dad
Like to Have Dinner With: Conan O’Brien
Favorite Quote”If it is to be, it is up to me.”